Sunday, April 19, 2009

9. Follow Your Taste To Lose Weight Fast

Our society is on a disastrous path to bland, tasteless, unhealthy food. Ayurveda says the best path to lose weight and have good health is to follow your taste.

People are so scared of eating this or that for fear that they will get fat. This type of thinking is at epidemic levels. Everyone is so tuned in to cutting out tastes that they enjoy because someone said it may be bad for you. Ridiculous!

According to Ayurveda if you are not enjoying eating, the food won't be digested properly. It will actually turn toxic. If you are eating something you like and it happens to be salty and all the while you are afraid of the bad it might be doing to you, you are killing yourself. The food probably won't be nearly as harmful as what you are turning it into because of your fear.

One of the key "treatments" in Ayurveda is diet recommendations. If you look at the list of diets in articles number 4 to 8 on this blog you will notice I have detailed out some food groups. If you look at the list in detail you will find that one list contains lots of things you like, another one will contain a few things and the third list will not have very many of your favorite tastes.

Each list corresponds to a mind-body type, as Dr. Deepak Chopra terms it. There are three mind-body types, according to Ayurveda. Most people find that they are predominantly one body type with a close second. You mind-body profile could be all three or just one, but in most cases you will be a combination of two.

So, what you need to do is to look at the three lists and figure out which tastes you like. Once you know which list appeals to you the most, favor the foods on that list when you can. However, don't become religious about it. There is no rule greater than "eat what is appropriate for you at any given time".

You'll find that your taste will change from morning to night. It will be different at different times of the day. It will be different depending on your lifestyle. Your taste will also change with the seasons.

I'll get into lots of "guidelines" as we go, on this blog. However, the most important thing to understand is that you need to start getting in tune with what you like. As you get tuned in, you will find that your preferences will change. As a general guideline, for now, until I give you more information, favour the list that you have identified as containing a lot of your favorite foods.

This list of foods will be most healthy for you. When you eat food that is compatible with your mind-body type (known as Prakriti in Ayurveda) your digestion will be strong, your complexion will be radiant and you will gain good health and peace of mind. You will start to have "bliss" experiences.

To build up the "bliss" experiences, combine tasty food selection with the guidelines in article number 3 on this blog.

If you have a question or comment you can click on the link below to leave a message for all to see. I am especially interested in knowing your experiences if you try out these ideas. Your feedback enables me to provide more relevant information for you.

  • My Review of The Incredible Hulk Smash Hands - Lose Weight - Diet ... - Unleash your inner hero with a power-packed punch when you slip on these Hulk-inspired mitts! Electronic sounds let you hear the smashing as you imitate the popular Hulk character with his giant green fists! Smash them together to hear ...

  • What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, You Ask - Well, I wanted to know that too. I’m at the tail end of the Baby Boomers, so I’m starting to feel my age. At first it felt like a gradual process, but now I’m rapidly feeling the effects of my years. I bring this up because I recently ...

  • Best ways to lose weight: the ups and downs of weight loss! | The ... - Many theories have come up and many more are being invented on how to lose body fat and the fastest way to lose weight. The most common questions that are popping up are, how can I lose body fat? Or which are the best ways to lose ...

  • How Do I Lose Weight? Your Keys To Weight Loss | Wish Everyone ... - Losing weight is something that typically does not come easy for most. It requires a certain level of discipline and focus that many feel they haven?t the time.

  • 6 Dieting Tips to Lose Weight | Wish Everyone Good Health. - If you are planning to follow a regular diet, then concentrate on a few dieting tips that are quite simple and easy to implement. Always consult a physician.

  • Why Quick Weight Loss Diets - I always wonder why people are looking for quick weight loss diets. Most of us did not gain the weight quickly, but we think we should be able to get rid of it in the blink of an eye. You are most likely not going to lose 30 pounds in a ...

  • Fallen off the wagon… - Lose Weight - Diet Program Review ... - “think I’m just feeling hopeless about the situation.” I’ve been there. Enjoy the last few days off and come back with renewed energy. At one point I fell off the wagon for a week and a half. The most important part is not getting ...

  • Ultra Lite - the Journey has Begun - Lose Weight - Diet Program ... - I completed my first two days on the Ultra Lite program. The first day was rough (just ask the Emperor!) But, as with anything new - I’m getting adjusted and I can definitely see how this will be beneficial. ...

  • Weight Loss Supplements - Do they Help? - Lose Weight - Diet ... - i think they help but they may not be for everyone. some of them can make u feel less hungry and fill u with energy, but the best way to lose weight is naturally through proper diet and rigorous exercise. ~Stacey ...

  • Health and Fitness Tips: Lose Weight By Eating More Often ... - Seem counterintuitive? Probably, since most of us have been conditioned to associate weightloss with starving, or at least with eating as little as possible. ...

  • Why Do Diets Fail? - I really don’t know why some people seem to be more successful at loosing weight, but I have an idea as to why I’ve failed on a number of weight loss programs. I don’t think it was necessarily the specific program that was at fault - I ...

  • Weight Watchers Flex Plan - As anyone who reads this blog knows, I just started the online version of Weight Watchers. When I signed up I was asked to decide if I wanted to do the Flex or Core Programs. I chose the Flex Plan. Here is my interpretation of what each ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try out the suggestions in this article let everyone know what happened by writing your comments here. It will inspire others to lose weight and live a healthier, happier life.